The artificial intelligence (AI) It is a multidisciplinary area that combines branches of science such as logic, computing and philosophy, it is responsible for designing and creating artificial entities that are capable of solving problems or carrying out tasks on their own, using human behavior algorithms.
Artificial intelligence is applied in logistics processes, the creation of autonomous cars, medicine, computer vision, music generation, natural language processing, etc. The Artificial intelligence it is applicable to almost everything we do and can impact on a global scale.
Artificial intelligence coupled with robotics is transforming businesses, for example Alibaba. Check out the video of Business Insider UK showing the alibaba smart warehouse robots do 70% of the work and carry up to 500 kilograms over their weight across the warehouse floor. They have special sensors to avoid colliding with each other, when they need to charge their batteries, they move up to a charging station and with a charge of five minutes it can power them for several hours.
The Artificial Intelligence career is presented in different course modalities, formations, Bachelor and Doctorate.
Courses and training in Artificial Intelligence:
The short courses (Intensive 5-month professional course) or programs in Artificial Intelligence learning is through tutorials with experts in Artificial Intelligence.
The short course is aimed at data scientists, quantitative scientists, Data scientist, systems engineers and software engineers interested in learning or improving their skills to work in Artificial Intelligence developments.
Programming experience and basic knowledge of Machine Learning, Statistics, Calculus, Algebra, database systems, basic concepts of distributed computing, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization are required.
Artificial Intelligence Engineering:
The option of Artificial Intelligence Engineering is offered by some universities with an approximate duration of 8 semesters (4 years).
PhD in Artificial Intelligence:
The educational offer of Doctorate level in Artificial Intelligence It is aimed at university graduates with an interest in research in the area of Artificial Intelligence.
The Artificial intelligence promotes problem solving and decision making through smart programs using autonomous learning algorithms.
What is studied in Artificial Intelligence Engineering?
During the study of the degree you will develop activities, you will use computer systems and study computer science, you will investigate specific hardware, you will experiment with technology in the development of human intelligence simulators and you will learn to build neural networks. During the degree, they work on case studies and work as a team to design, create and test intelligent software applying different technologies.
Some activities you can learn during the course:
- Learn how to apply Artificial Intelligence to identify new forms of business interaction.
- Learn neural network techniques.
- Learn techniques to improve processes.
- Develop products or services that can be applied in finance.
- Develop AI-based products and services.
- Develop smart programs to make decisions, correct mistakes, and learn.
- Design and develop intelligent programs to solve problems.
- Test and diagnose errors in a machine learning system.
- Make better decisions based on predictions.
- With programming skills.
- Ease of mathematics and physics.
- Fan and consumer of technology.
- Great analytical and synthetic capacity.
- Interested in technology and digital transformation.
- You like to have fun, you love to learn, and you want to innovate in the world of AI.
- He likes teamwork.
- Orderly, disciplined and constant.
The graduate of Artificial Intelligence Engineering, receives the name of Artificial Intelligence Engineer and can generally work regionally, nationally and internationally as an AI manager in companies across all sectors.
List of some subjects that you can take during the Artificial Intelligence Engineering career:
- Intelligent Agents
- Philosophical Anthropology
- Diferential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Vector Calculation
- Heat and Electromagnetism
- Digital circuits
- Automatic control
- Business management
- Human Machine Interface Design
- Mechanical Design for Robotics
- Differential equations
- Data Structure
- Special Ethics: The Virtues
- General Ethics
- Professional ethics
- Social Ethics
- Evaluation of Technological Projects
- Software Engineering
- Financial engineering
- Artificial intelligence
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Discrete mathematics
- Mechanics for Robotics
- Agent Modeling and Virtual Environments
- Software Design Patterns
- Probability and statistics
- Digital Image Processing
- Agent Programming for Virtual Environments
- Mobile Device Programming
- Graphic Programming
- Object-oriented programming
- Distributed systems
- Operating systems
- Dogmatic Theology
- Moral Theology
What skills do I need to get a job in artificial intelligence?
Automation, robotics, and the use of complex software and software characterize a career in artificial intelligence (AI). Applicants interested in seeking employment in this field require concrete education based on the fundamentals of mathematics, technology, logic, and engineering perspectives. Written and verbal communication skills are also essential to convey how AI tools and services are used effectively in industry settings.
The Artificial Intelligence Engineer pursues the objective of applying technology in specific problems and in the labor field it has a range of possibilities. For instance:
- Provide solutions to natural language problems.
- Build, train and apply neural networks.
- Develop AI-based products and services
- Develop machine learning and facial recognition projects.
- Develop design-oriented electronic and mechanical solutions.
- Diagnose errors in a machine learning system.
- Design Machine Learning models.
- Design products and services based on smart solutions.
- Design of speech recognition and music synthesis models.
- Building algorithms that mimic basic human skills like vision, language, automatic speech recognition, machine translation, etc.
- In consulting when developing high-level solutions for automation companies.
- In the design of Deep Learning algorithms.
- In the improvement of decision processes.
- Research as a data scientist for Big Data.
- Lead teams and manage smart solution projects.
- Improve processes.
Useful skills for AI careers
The most successful AI professionals often share common quirks that allow them to advance in their careers. Working with artificial intelligence requires a methodical thought process and the ability to troubleshoot with cost-effective and effective solutions.
It also requires foresight about technological innovations that translate into next-generation programs that allow companies to remain competitive. In addition to this, AI experts require technical skills to design, sustain, and fix technology and software programs.
Finally, AI professionals must learn how to translate highly technical information in a way that others can understand to get their work done. This requires good communication and the ability to work with colleagues in a team.
Types of jobs in AI
A employment in artificial intelligence It can be done in a variety of settings including private companies, public organizations, education, the arts, health centers, government agencies, and the military. Certain situations may require security clearance. Certain examples of specific jobs by AI professionals include:
- Software developers and analysts.
- Computer scientists and also computer engineers.
- Algorithm specialists
- Scientific researchers and engineering consultants.
- Mechanical engineers and maintenance technicians.
- Industrial and electrical engineers.
- Surgical technicians working with robotic tools.
- Medical professionals who work with prosthetics, hearing aids, and vision restoration devices.
- Military and aviation electricians working with flight simulators, drones, and weaponry.
- Graphic arts designers, digital musicians, entertainment producers, textile manufacturers, and architects.
- Post-secondary level teachers in trade and technical schools, VET centers and universities.
Some tasks that an AI professional performs:
Responsibilities of a Business Development Manager with Artificial Intelligence (Business Development Manager, AI)
- Support the business development team to help drive a company’s overall market and technical strategy when it comes to artificial intelligence.
- Help define specific market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Support in business development for target markets.
- Execute strategic plans for business development and working alongside sales teams, service teams, partners, marketing, legal, support, etc.
- Develop prototypes of intelligent systems to share, for example, chatbots, robo-advisors, deep learning systems for behavior modeling, etc.
- Develop use case lists.
Tasks developed by a Data Scientist with Artificial Intelligence (Data Scientist):
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models
- Deep dive into data, uncovering root causes and designing long-term solutions.
- Assist and deliver a project exploring data, building and validating predictive models, and implementing complete models to deliver business impact on an organization.
- Help build Deep Learning models.
- Work with Big Data consultants from Professional Services to analyze, extract, normalize and label relevant data.
- Assist in the identification of drift patterns and retraining.
- Investigate and …