The Cosmetology career is related to the aesthetic beauty and the skin health in people.
The study of Cosmetology show what are the techniques and tools necessary to care for and improve the parts of the human body and the characteristics of the skin. The graduate has physical knowledge, chemical variants on the skin and shows great sensitivity through the handling of his hands.
Cosmetology is a branch of Dermatology and the career provides the fundamentals to diagnose, use prevention methods and care plans for people’s skin. The professional in Cosmetology can work in aesthetic care centers, act as a dermatological assistant or carry out independent and private projects.
Cosmetology training has varied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Psychology at a social level, in addition to those that teach the key practices to perform during a body or facial treatment.
The race of Cosmetology allows to maintain individual aesthetics, helps people feel better visually, brings professionals closer to the history of fashion and turns leather into a key work tool.
The professional integrates various counseling and care teams in hospitals and aesthetic health centers, both public and private.
Interview with Marisa, Expert in Cosmetology Marisa is a Cosmetologist and currently works in an institute of …
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of studying Cosmetology are:
- Improve skin conditions in people.
- Possibility of starting a beauty business independently.
- Short-term career.
- Have knowledge to prevent and improve the health and beauty of the human body.
- There will always be clients available for aesthetic treatments.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- The degree is usually dictated in private institutions.
- The cost of material resources to work.
- Possible economic instability if only working independently.
- It can be exhausting if you serve a large number of customers in a row.
- It requires a series of compulsory practices before receiving the degree.