The race Customs Broker provides the knowledge to act as an intermediary between the State and importing and exporting individuals or companies.
The study to become Customs Broker trains professionals with great responsibility in a framework that seeks to respect as a central axis various regulations of the civil code during the shipment or receipt of merchandise. The graduate functions as the representative link of the State and the people or companies that carry out this type of imports or exports to keep their businesses active.
The Customs Broker carries out the formalities related to import or export of products, foreign trade, can work in teams of foreign companies, occupies the auxiliary positions needed by the customs services and is the person who provides answers as the visible face of a company, always contemplating all the conditions required by the Customs according to the rules of each country.
The Customs Broker can perform its work for a third-party importer or exporter, recognizes the operations necessary to transit merchandise between countries, defines the controls so that the products respect legal regulations and has theoretical knowledge in matters such as Commercial Law and Bank operations. Before receiving the degree, the degree requires a number of compulsory practices during the last year of study.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage to study Customs Broker are:
- Short course if it is done on time according to the study plans.
- Possibility of working in the public or private sector.
- Good economic remuneration.
- Opportunity to work in companies related to Foreign Trade.
- Provides knowledge in the legal area for all types of customs procedures.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- It requires great responsibility and extensive knowledge of the civil code.
- May require overtime of work.
- Situations of stress by being an intermediary between the State and people or companies.
- Requires compulsory practices before receiving the degree.
- You can require trips abroad depending on the company that is represented.