The race of International relations It allows generating policies to improve communications and the well-being of states and their societies.
The professional in International Relations is the intermediary who transmits the political ideas of one nation to another, has knowledge about the internal economy and social development, recognizes international treaties between countries and designs and carries out an agenda in cultural, educational and on government issues.
The race of International relations prepare to the graduate for dealing with environmental conflicts, drug trafficking networks and the fight for respect for human resources, analyzes and creates scenarios that are best adapted as a solution to international problems and is in charge of executing foreign policy according to laws and legal norms. He works in international embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
The study of International Relations encourages activities to represent a country, relies on legal processes, seeks solutions to conflicts between nations, designs strategies for crisis situations and allows advice as a private consultant in case of being consulted.
It is a long-term career, it requires a lot of reading of material related to national and international matters, improves oral expression and allows us to learn about the history of wars, the diversity of cultures and the world economy.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage to study International Relations are:
- Extensive job opportunities from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to teaching in Universities.
- Possibility of working in the private sector as a consultant.
- Perfect oral and written communication.
- Opportunity to represent my country in foreign lands.
- Good economic remuneration.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- Pressure situations at the international level.
- It requires a high level of knowledge in legal and historical matters.
- A lot of job competition.
- It requires a good appearance at an aesthetic level.
- Career oriented to those who love politics.