The race of Radiology teaches the tools and techniques to obtain images of the human body requested by the doctor.
The Radiology study form professionals capable of taking fundamental images for the diagnosis, the prevention from diseases and the application of the appropriate treatment by the doctor specialized in the area.
The degree allows developing manual skills for the use of the corresponding machines, provides specific knowledge in anatomy and physiology, teaches image reading and the ability to participate in a team during various medical investigations.
The Radiologist have the aim of capturing the images of the human body Using the latest technologies, you can coordinate imaging centers, ensure that patients meet all requirements, receive and analyze the specifications you receive from the doctor, inject contrast medications if necessary, and write a test report done.
The race of Radiology is extensiveIt requires practice before obtaining the degree and requires a lot of reading as it is a specialization in medical sciences.
The Radiologist can work in hospitals or clinics of the public or private sector, be part of research groups and advise during the design and planning of services in their area.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage studying Radiology are:
- Possibility of working in public or private hospitals.
- Provide help to patients before the doctor’s diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the captured images of the human being.
- Teamwork in research areas.
- Good economic remuneration.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- Low availability of resources if working in the public area.
- Long hours of workday.
- It requires a lot of reading as it is a branch of science.
- It is a profession of risk due to the radiation levels, although they are not in sight.
- It requires following an extensive list of rules and procedures.