The Robotics career, is presented as a 3-year short career and also how undergraduate degree In several universities, the degree in Electronic Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics is offered.
To level technical or tertiary It is found as: Robotics – Design and Application, Higher Technique in Automation and Robotics or Automation and Robotics, among others.
At the level of specialization or doctorate It is known as Doctorate in Control Engineering, it is also found as Automation and Robotics, Doctorate in Automation and Robotics.
In summary it is possible to study the technical degree or directly a career in robotics or have a background in mechatronics, electronics or systems engineering to later specialize in the specific field of robotics. There are also short courses (6 weeks) that teach you to design, manufacture and program your own robot (DYOR: Do Your Own Robot) powered by Arduino technology.
In several countries the degree with this name is not found and the Mechatronics training is offered, which includes mechanics, electronics and computer science.
Future: it is considered to be a career a promising future for its connection with technology and with a wide field of work.
What is robotics?
It is a set of techniques that allow designing and building intelligent robots.
Types of robotics
Home automation robotics: automation of processes for the manufacture of houses.
Exploration robotics: configuration of programs that analyze files for patterns.
Military robotics: unmanned aircraft but equipped with directed weaponry.
Industrial robotics: machines that perform repetitive tasks to complete specific actions in a factory.
Nanotechnology robotics– Miniature devices that solve fundamentally medical problems, such as creating cures for diseases.
Humanoid robotics: construction of rational robots that simulate the actions of human beings.
What is robotic engineering?
The robotic combine different disciplines Like mechanics, electronics, computing, artificial intelligence deals with design, Robotics makes it possible to design devices that improve people’s quality of life. Robotics is applied to different fields ranging from medicine to industrial machinery.
Entrant’s profile For the technical career in Robotics or for the Degree in Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering is:
- Patient and dedicated.
- Passionate about technology and automation.
- With concern about the operation of machines and mechanisms.
- With a personal tendency to repair and build mechanisms.
- With a positive attitude towards technological advances.
- Resolutive, with a tendency to develop practical solutions to problems.
- With great interest in professional tasks related to electronics, robotics and mechatronics.
The Robotics Engineer is a professional who has the ability to design, create, maintain or improve the systems of different equipment.
Robotics labor sectors
A technician or a Robotics Engineer can design and develop a custom system regardless of the work area.
- RENEWABLE ENERGY
Systems to increase the performance of photovoltaic panels and collectors.
Dedicated to the monitoring of remote variables, suitable for industrial environments.
- HOME AUTOMATION
Smart home automation and control.
Cargo monitoring and fleet tracking and management system. .
Statistics and data collection and for the measurement of soil parameters.
Original equipment for both domestic and industrial products.
What does a robotics technician do?
A technician has a job similar to that of engineers. The main difference has to do with the educational level, since the engineer in general must study for 5 years and the technicians 3 years.
A Robotics Technician can work in:
- Automation & Process Control.
- Robot design.
- Repair and maintain robots
- Home automation.
- Networks and microservices.
- IoT Internet of Things.
Tasks that a Robotics Engineer can perform
- Analyze projects
- Apply technology to improve production that enables automated series manufacturing.
- Build special pieces of your own design through the use of CAD and CAM software and its manufacture with 3D printers.
- Create smart appliances.
- Design industrial automation
- Design automations for companies
- Design automated process controls and robotic mechanisms.
- Design mechanisms controlled from digital devices or circuits.
- Design control systems in automobiles.
- Design IoT systems using powerful microcontrollers.
- Design and build medical diagnostic equipment.
- Design and build finished products for automation, home automation and robotics projects.
- Train and advise on automated process controls and robotic mechanisms.
- Implement action, display and control devices such as servos, DC motors, stepper motors, all kinds of electrical devices based on alternating current, LCD screens, keyboards, controlling several peripherals simultaneously using I2C and SPI protocols.
- Implement various remote connection solutions using WiFi, Ethernet, GSM / GPRS modules and more.
- Lead projects in the field of Electronic Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics.
- Operate automatic machines.
- Organize, plan and develop projects on the exploitation of systems and facilities.
- Program in high- and low-level languages for computers and microprocessors.
- Make evaluation reports.
- Repair and maintain robots.
- oversee the development process, from security to testing and analyzing every move.
- Work with all kinds of sensors.
List of some subjects of the Robotics Engineering careerKeep in mind that in each university the study plan is different, in this list the subjects of several plans present in different universities are combined:
- Algebra, Probabilities and Statistics
- Hydraulic Automation
- Electronic circuits
- Electric Motor Control
- Electric Motor Control and PLC’s Laboratory
- Economy and Organization
- Electrical engineering
- Ethics and Professional Deontology
- Basic Hydraulics
- Instruments and Measurements
- Introduction to robotics
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Electric machines
- Robotics Mechanics
- Theoretical Mechanics
- Robotic Mechanisms and Devices
- Professionalizing Practice
- Industrial and Chemical Processes
- Computer programming
- Industrial Security
- Control systems
- Instrumentation Workshop
- Digital Techniques