The race of Social Work is oriented in to help and improve people’s well-being, carrying out research on the most common problems of society.
The study of Social work allows managing and acting in response to the needs of a community and its different sectors of the population.
The graduate is trained to design and execute projects, develop prevention plans, create and participate in solidarity events and provide new options to transform the reality of citizens according to their greatest needs.
The Social Worker generates solutions and guides people through complex moments in their life, teaches new resources and means to achieve goals and accompanies citizens’ decisions. Through his tasks he strengthens communities in the short and long term, helps the economy of a society, collects information before presenting his ideas, advises people regarding their rights and transforms a need into a program of action. solidarity.
The race requires the study of various subjects related to diagnosis and social analysis and has a wide job opportunity with the possibility of working in hospitals, schools, universities, ministries, community centers and judicial consultancies. The graduate in Social Work feels comfortable with humanitarian aid responsibilities, tries to improve the daily life of citizens and has the capacity for planning.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage to study Social Work are:
- Possibility of helping those most in need of a society.
- It allows to use creativity in the design of social plans according to the available resources.
- Option to work in the public sector or as a private consultant.
- Wide job opportunities, from hospitals to legal advice.
- Good economic remuneration.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- Long-term career.
- Much bureaucracy in case of undertaking a project for the State.
- The execution of the plans is highly dependent on the resources available.
- It requires legal and judicial knowledge.
- Possible stressful situations in difficult times for people.