The race of Sociology trains professionals capable of interpreting the phenomena of society, design action strategies and carry out social policies that benefit citizens.
The study of the Sociology allows to investigate and analyze society from a cultural, economic and political perspective in a historical context.
The graduate investigates current trends to plan and implement modifications in public or private sectors, study how power groups and the State are related in the international relations of your country.
Sociology aims to understand that people act to a large extent according to the needs of the community in which they are, being social interaction the link between the facts and the history of a society.
The Sociologist uses interview techniques To obtain information, analyze and draw conclusions, participate in academic research, implement urban programs in all sectors of the population, have statistical knowledge to evaluate the data collected and seek to generate constant changes in various areas of society.
What motivated you to study Sociology? —Florence: the main motivation I remember is concern for …
The Sociologist can work in public or private organizations both in health, social and educational services as well as aspects related to justice, in consulting firms, in human resources or international relations departments, in universities and in non-governmental organizations.
The Sociology career has a duration of five years and is people-oriented with the desire to improve the growth of citizens in society.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage to study Sociology are:
- Possibility of analyzing and improving the welfare of society.
- Know the historical context of the past that led us to the present.
- The career provides knowledge to understand the changes of a country and the world.
- Improves social relationships, reducing prejudices and valuing empathy.
- Provides capabilities to interpret observations.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- Long-term career.
- It requires a lot of reading.
- It requires knowledge in various legal areas.
- The first step to enter the world of work is complex.
- You need a lot of discipline and patience when searching for information.