The race of Video Game Design integrates from creation to testing of the final product combining the latest programming languages.
The Videogame Design studio is similar to traditional software development, but it is more complex due to the level of creativity that is required from the beginning. The graduate has techniques and tools to build all the elements that make up a videogame, recognizes the latest technologies at the computer level to dominate the market and incorporates variants in the digital use of images and animations.
The professional in Videogame Design is trained to create the idea, design the characters, build the scenarios in which the story will unfold, implement their programming knowledge, generate the internal rules to be respected in the game, coordinate the sound effects and define the full testing stages. The career teaches to recognize the limitations of each medium through which the game will be used, apply marketing knowledge to advertise it and use marketing plans.
The Videogame designer can serve as a programmer, image modeler, application testing, screenwriter, in advertising and adaptation of games for mobile devices. All these positions can be developed in private companies or independently to later present a project at a professional level.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage to study Video Game Design are:
- Growing career due to the advancement of the latest technologies.
- Possibility of working independently.
- Ideal for creative and innovative people.
- Wide job opportunity.
- Good economic remuneration.
The disadvantages of the career are:
- Long-term career.
- Possible economic instability if working independently.
- It is complex to enter the labor market.
- It includes complex subjects such as Mathematics and Physics.
- It requires the constant updating of knowledge in programming languages.