The Business Management study acts on the sectors and resources of an organization and assesses risks to increase the effectiveness of the results.
The Business Management career brings together three main aspects: the moment of planning short and long-term objectives, such as the ability to allocate resources and the definition of the policies to be met, the management that refers to carrying out everything established and the control to recognize if you are on the right track or need improvements.
The student of the degree acquires a creative vision, while training as a professional, which allows him to innovate in his projects.
The Director of Companies studies the present that surrounds an organization to create a viable project with the available resources. He is a charismatic leader who motivates, leads and works with his team to achieve goals. You need to know the people in your charge to steer efforts in one direction. Study the market and use scientific and technological methods to make the most of the human, material and economic resources of a company.
In which sectors does a Director of Companies work?
The fields of work where you can practice Business Management are both in the public and private sectors, you can also act as a researcher or an advisor to various organizations linked to economic areas. Teaching is another job option in both Higher Education Institutions and Universities. The Director of Companies has the capacity to carry out his own business.
How to recognize if the race is for me?
The Director of Companies shows a special interest in situations related to social and economic aspects. You have the tools to predict whether a business idea will be successful or fall by the wayside. The people who decide to study the degree are proactive and try to contribute their knowledge to the benefit of the company, making the most of the resources for commercial success or social welfare, in the case of public institutions related to citizens. The most important subjects within the professional area are Administration, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Macroeconomics and market research.
Advantages of studying Business Management:
- Have tools to unite work teams and focus them towards a common goal.
- The career offers the opportunity to add knowledge in general training subjects such as Social Psychology and Theory of Society.
- Provides leadership skills.
- It brings a creative vision for other aspects of life.
- Possibility of entering the labor market in both public and private sectors.
Disadvantages of Business Management:
- High level of competition and stressful situations.
- You may require availability to travel.
- Variety of subjects in the study plans, in addition to those specific to Business Management.
- Large number of correlatives, so it takes time to bring the race up to speed.
- Decisions are often risky when it comes to the economic factors that keep a company alive.