What is training on-line?
The training on-line These are studies that are carried out in a remote manner through a device with a connection to Internet, that is, they require Information and Communication Technologies (TIC).
Students can study from home or from anywhere with an Internet connection. The training center has a virtual campus where you can access the course content and also interact with other students and also with the teacher.
The communications they can be performed synchronously or asynchronously; the most common is that they are asynchronous, thus facilitating the work rhythms and schedules of all students. Even so, in some cases there are synchronous connections to hold a debate or conference, for example. The forms of communication can also be diverse, such as chats, forums or private messaging, among others.
The materials used in these courses, and the type of activities, They may be very diverse. It depends on the methodology used by the teacher in each course, but there may be written documents, videos, group activities with other students, discussions in forums, creation of dynamic presentations, evaluation of classmates’ tasks, practical exercises on a topic, etc.
The main modalities in which the training is imparted on-line are e-learning, b-learning and m-learnig.
Below you can find the main advantages and disadvantages of training on-line:
What is distance training?
In the training from distance, unlike the modality on-line, an Internet learning platform is not used to carry out the studies, but the training center provides the materials in paper or multimedia format to students through postal mail, and communications with the teacher are through email, correspondence or by telephone.
Through the materials that the center provides, the student learns in a self-taught way and has a teacher available for any type of consultation that he wants to make.
In this type of training, the materials used and the resources are not so varied, among them written texts, videos and also interactive audiovisual materials are used.
The advantages and disadvantages of distance training are as follows:
Student profile on-line
Despite the fact that training on-line is within the reach of most people, not all have the characteristics or skills to undertake this type of training.
To be a Good student on-line It is recommended that you have a series of skills:
- Organization: It is essential to plan well to be able to comply with the calendar and organize your study periods well. Although the studies are on-line, there are start and end dates for the course, as well as dates for the delivery of exercises or assignments.
- ICT domain: you need to master the tools you will need to successfully follow the course. Not mastering some ICT tools may mean not being able to use the course well.
- Proactive attitude: your attitude must be participatory and have initiative in the different tasks that are proposed. Motivation is very important to be able to follow a course well on-line.
- Communication: you may need to participate in a forum or communicate with the teacher or other colleagues. Good communication skills will help you succeed.
- Responsibility: responsibility and commitment are two virtues that every student should have. In this case it is even more important because the degree of autonomy is greater than in face-to-face training. With responsibility you will achieve the objectives that you propose in a training.
Know the criteria that will help you choose a training on-line and find your studies.