What is the test to obtain the Bachelor’s degree for people over 20 years of age?
The test to obtain the Bachelor’s degree It is a test that the education departments of some autonomous communities organize periodically so that people over 20 years, who are not in possession of the Baccalaureate degree or equivalent, can freely obtain the Baccalaureate degree by passing a series of exercises related to the contents of the Baccalaureate.
This test only can be done in some autonomous communities and it is convened once a year.
What are the requirements to apply?
To take the test to obtain the Bachelor’s degree, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Being 20 years old, or turning them the year in which the test is held.
- Not be in possession of a Baccalaureate degree or any other equivalent degree for academic purposes.
- Not be studying Baccalaureate.
- Have Spanish nationality and reside in national territory.
- Have Spanish nationality and reside temporarily or habitually abroad.
- Not having Spanish nationality and residing in national territory.
- Residing abroad without having Spanish nationality, but having studied regulated education in the Spanish educational system.
In some autonomous communities there may be additional requirements, you must consult the specific information of each community.
How is the test?
The test is carried out according to the different modalities of Baccalaureate. The contents deal with the most significant aspects of the curriculum.
The structure of the test may vary depending on the autonomous community in which it is carried out. In general, the test is carried out on three blocks of subjects: general, option and specific and consists of the following exercises:
- Exercises general subjects: completion of an exercise for each of the general subjects of the block, according to the chosen Baccalaureate modality.
- Exercises option matters: passing an exercise for each of the subjects of the option of the block of core subjects of the modality, according to the modality of Baccalaureate that has been chosen. Only two can be chosen.
- Exercises specific subjects: passing one of the specific subjects of the Baccalaureate.
You can also request the validation of the subjects passed previously by presenting the documentation that accredits it.
When and where is it done?
The calendar and venue of the free test to obtain the baccalaureate degree varies depending on the autonomous community, below you can find the information of the different communities that convene this test:
How and where to prepare to pass the test?
The preparation for passing the free high school test has to be done in advance. In the test you will have to pass several exams, if you prepare them in advance you will have a better chance of passing them successfully.
Another important aspect to take into account is the time you have not studied and the level of difficulty of the last studies carried out. Therefore, it is important that you design a good study plan and choose the study technique that best suits your way of learning. New technologies or studying in a group can also help you.
Another decision you will have to make is whether you prefer to prepare the test on your own or decide to go to an adult school or a private center to help you prepare the test. Depending on your time, your way of learning and your perseverance, it will be more advisable that you opt for one option or another.
Find all the courses that can help you prepare for the test!