Know how preparing research papers is key during the academic period, since in many occasions these are used as an evaluation method, both in secondary education and in higher education. It is also important in the workplace, as it serves to obtain relevant information for companies and to present it to colleagues and superiors. Therefore, it is important to acquire and strengthen a method of investigation and sample of the results.
The steps of a research work are:
- Identification of the need or needs asking ourselves what we want to know.
- Selection of the topic or problem to be investigated, as detailed as possible.
- Documentation of previous research published on this topic.
- Establishment of a schematic or detailed work plan.
- Development of field work.
- Drafting of the research paper.
- Preparation of conclusions.
- Presentation of the work and communication of the conclusions.
Research can respond to different objectives and audiences, so it is important to have an organizational scheme with the most important points to be efficient and clear.
When selecting a topic, you have to consider its originality and consult how it has been treated by other research works. The documentation process is decisive. In it we can resort to publications, monographs, newsletters, professional magazines, data banks, reports or technical projects.
Regarding the Format, the presentation can be done in writing (the most common), but also in sound, visual or oral support. It can also be done in person or online.
The structure of the research work should consist of:
- Introduction: here it is indicated why the subject has been investigated and what is sought with the research work.
- Developing: it is the core, the place where data, concepts and ideas are presented and contextualized. It should be outlined in detail and enriched with diagrams and infographics.
- Conclusions: collects the theses that can be extracted in light of the data and ideas obtained. Sometimes it is accompanied by recommendations, advice on the subject and future lines of research.
After the title page, which serves as a presentation of the research work and must include both the title and the name of the author, it is essential to place on the next page a index that indicates the different sections into which the document is divided.
In the final part of the research work, after the conclusions, it is necessary to reserve a space dedicated to detailing the bibliography that has been used. This must be arranged in alphabetical order and in accordance with the general academic presentation rules. If citations from authors or other publications have been used in the main text, you can choose to insert them at the foot of each page or at the end of the text, in a separate section prior to the bibliography.
About him style, it is necessary to use a formal language, although adjusted to the person or the audience that is going to receive it. It is advisable to write in the third person and avoid both the excessive use of textual citations and ambiguous terms. Nor is it advisable to use sentences that are too long or abbreviations. Acronyms should always be used after accompanying, the first time they appear in the text, the word or set of words it represents.
Did you find this news about how to prepare the research papers useful? Would you like to know more?
If you want to delve into other types of researchWe recommend that you visit our academic guidance section, where you will find more information on how to prepare the Final Degree Project (TFG).
We hope you find it useful!