Academic training is the starting point and base of your professional career, but to position yourself in the labor market you also have to acquire and develop a series of professional skills that will improve your employability.
Accessing a job or prospering within a company requires constant improvement of your skills and abilities. The work environment can be changing and competitive, so it is important to try to stay current or demonstrate that you meet the characteristics that employers request.
Know what the technical and transversal skills that companies currently value more It will help you plan an improvement strategy. Here are some of the most important ones.
Most in-demand technical skills
- Knowledge of foreign languages. In some sectors it is essential to know languages to carry out work activities effectively. Depending on the profession, one degree of skill or another will be required. For example, in the hotel industry, the same expressions are used frequently, so in that case it may be enough to know these expressions in different languages. However, in the field of international business relations it is desirable to master at least one language other than native or native speakers, and to be able to make presentations, prepare reports and maintain fluid communication with our interlocutors.
- Management of social networks. This is one of the professional skills that shows the quality of how you move in social and professional media. It reflects your skills to use and take advantage of all the technological means that you have at your fingertips, while showing what you are capable of doing with them.
- Data literacy. Technological and digital skills are key in the job market. Data literacy o data literacy is about developing the ability to interpret data and offer solutions. In the context of Big Data, the ability to identify meaningful information is increasingly important.
- Business analysis. In many professional sectors, profiles are required with the ability to identify and maximize the value that an organization provides. People who have this type of competence work at any level assuming a leadership role to achieve the greatest benefits.
- Development of artificial intelligence systems. The rise of machine learning and artificial intelligence makes professional profiles with advanced knowledge in maintenance and programming of intelligent systems highly requested by companies from different sectors.
- Cloud computing. The advantages of storing information in the cloud have generated an increase in demand for a new emerging profile with the ability to design the best services through Internet connectivity for each organization.
Cross-cutting skills most in demand
- Adaptability. The world of work is dynamic, changes happen constantly and it is essential to know how to assume and face them. Companies need employees who know how to work in this environment where unforeseen events arise and where you have to adapt quickly to keep going. The ability to know how to adapt to new situations is also knowing how to assume different roles and perform different functions. The ability to adapt means being versatile, retraining formatively and having the ability to constantly learn.
- Creativity and innovation. One of the professional skills most valued by employers is knowing how to create or devise new ways of doing work. This means being a professional open to the environment, receptive to everything that is around us and knowing how to take advantage of it to create and innovate in our performance and achievement of objectives.
- Positive communication. It is the ability to express our opinion, our ideas and transmit information, but it is also related to our ability to listen. Communication is a professional skill that allows you to speak in public and move easily in different environments.
- Collaboration and teamwork. The willingness to collaborate with other colleagues, departments, and even companies is essential. Companies need employees with the ability to work in teams, to share, participate, collaborate and help. Skills all of them essential for the search for improvement and to achieve the set goals.
- Emotional intelligence. They are a set of skills that allow you to express and understand emotions. They allow us to feel empathy with the people around us, know how to listen to them and know how to interact in different groups and contexts.
- Decision making. No matter what position an employee holds, there is always a time when decisions have to be made and being decisive is essential. Improving a professional’s employability has a lot to do with their ability to make a decision. When you decide something, your ability to analyze is shown, how you have done the search and evaluation of the alternatives and what has led you to choose a certain option.